Friday, September 13, 2013

#3 Journey throgh my Kingdom Study

Read Luke 22:27-

Jesus was talking to his disciples and said, "But I am among you as one who serves. You are those who have stood by me in my trials. And I confer ON you a kingdom, just as my Father conferred one on me, so that you may eat and drink at my table IN my kingdom and sit on thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel."

To be a disciple, we have to follow Jesus and his teachings and obey what he has commanded (Matthew 28:19-20.

To confer means to bestow or give.

This passage made me think of the Holy Spirit. In the Old Testament and before Pentecost when the HS was given, the Spirit was always ON someone. After Pentecost, the Spirit was IN someone. Both ways, the Spirit was a guide and counselor.

The kingdom seems to be similar in a lot of passages I have read in the fact that the kingdom is ON us because we are a chosen people, we are following Jesus. When Jesus comes and we go to heaven we will be IN the kingdom.

I believe the kingdom is conferred ON those who believe so we can experience a little heaven on earth. When Jesus comes, we can take our inheritance, the kingdom prepared for us and live IN it with Jesus.

I guess you can reject the kingdom given to you just like you can reject the Holy Spirit's guidance in your life. Let's take hold of the wonderful gifts that Jesus holds out to us: faith, salvation, inheritance, Holy Spirit, hope, freedom from guilt and condemnation.

Blessings to all!
(Hey, IF I held out 10 bucks, would you make a comment? Hahahaha!)

No comments:

Post a Comment